Is it possible to create fields which are not included in the output?
Yes! Just start your field name with two underscore "_" characters (e.g "__myHiddenField") and it will be omitted from the output. This is useful when creating intermediary fields for use in formulas and templates.
How can I tie the value of one field to another?
There are several ways to do this:
- Upload your own datasets to ensure integrity across multiple fields.
- Use Scenarios to shape numeric values based on other fields in your schema.
- Use the Formula data type to generate values based on other fields.
- Formulas can also be use to implement simple if/else logic.
- Use the Template data type to concatenate multiple string fields.
How can I generate data for specific keys in my database or other datasets I've downloaded from Mockaroo?
Upload your key values as a datasets. Then, include key fields in your schemas using the dataset Column type. If you need to include related non-key values when generating data data, include those fields in your datasets as well.
How can I generate start and end dates that are randomly spaced apart where the end date always comes after the start date?
Use the date type for start_date and the formula type for end_date with a value like
start_date + days(random(1,5)) to generate an end date between 1 and 5 days after the start date.
How can I share my saved schemas with others?
- Send them the share link at the bottom of your schema. They will be able to download data or clone your schema, but cannot edit it directly.
- Create a Project, add your schema to it, and invite collaborates.
Will various geographic fields such as city, country, and postal code generate real locations?
Yes, each of the following groups of fields are correlated:
- State Abbrev
- Postal Code
- Currency Name
- Currency Code
- FDA NDC Code
- Drug Name (Brand)
- Drug Name (Generic)
- Drug Company
- ICD9 Diagnosis Code
- ICD9 Dx Desc (Long)
- ICD9 Dx Desc (Short)
- ICD9 Proc Desc (Long)
- ICD9 Proc Desc (Short)
- ICD9 Procedure Code
- File Name
- Mime Type
- First Name
- Last Name